Social Media Disclaimer
Introduction and Overview
Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale operates a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/laservisionmerivale and welcomes and encourages visitor feedback, comments and appropriate discussion.
The purpose of our social media activity is to develop strong customer and community relationships and foster engagement through information sharing.
We have further developed our own internal moderation guidelines to ensure that wherever possible and practical, content that is posted supports the stated purpose and aims of our business.
Please be aware that by posting online content there is unlimited potential for people to read your words and view your images, even years from now. As a result, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting on any of our social media sites before voluntarily disclosing any personally identifiable information about yourself.
Social Media Site Moderation
Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate the participation of visitors to our Facebook page to ensure that contributors stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments.
Users are solely responsible for their comments, images, video and/or other content. Such third party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale does not control and is not responsible for third-party material.
By posting to our social media site/s you acknowledge and agree that your conduct, and anything that you post or upload are your sole responsibility.
Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale cannot and does not make any guarantee with respect to the accuracy, inoffensiveness, or suitability of any content that appears on any of our social media sites.
Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any posting to its Facebook page. Users agree to waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies against Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale with respect to these rules, including, but not limited to posting, posting restrictions, deletions or moves, and member restrictions, removals, or blocks.
The opinions and or views expressed on Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook and YouTube pages are not necessarily those of Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale, its employees, contractors or any of its corporate affiliates or suppliers or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site.
While Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms, we do not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale reserves the right to remove any post, comment or other content if necessary at it's own discretion and without notice.
Comments/content including but not limited to the following may be deleted or edited by the moderators:
- Harassing, threatening, and abusive language
- Individual or group attacks
- Derogatory, unprofessional, or disrespectful language
- Content that is harmful to minors, obscene, objectionable, or in violation of any New Zealand law
- Infringement of the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organisations and programs not related to or affiliated with Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender slurs)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticising his/her posting, opinion or comments
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional materials (including sweepstakes or multi-level marketing offers)
- Impersonating any person or entity
- Spam, self-promotion, or direct sales pitches
In addition, the following actions/content are unacceptable to the operation of our Social Media sites and will be removed and actioned accordingly.
- Compiling commercial, political, or charitable mailing lists or facilitating the transmission of spam, junk mail, chain letters, or obscene or profane content;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses or providing (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the social media sites;
- Uploading files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another;
- Falsifying or deleting any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
All links to other Web sites found linked from Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale social media sites are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale, and as such we are not responsible for the content of external Web sites.
By submitting content to any of Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of Laservision Eye Clinic Merivale.
If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied and/or reprinted in any form, then please do not post on this page.